We bridge the gap between marketing theory and the real world
Trained In Marketing works with career centers, student clubs, and professors to prepare undergraduates and MBA candidates for a career in marketing
- Northwestern University
- University of Chicago
- University of Michigan
Our training programs prepare students for the real world
Trained In Marketing gives you to the skills and knowledge to jump start your marketing career. From resume reviews, to interviewing skills, and job preparation, we help you set yourself apart.
1-Day Marketing Interview Seminar
Marketing interviews are intense, draining, and often times confusing. In this instructor-led seminar, you will learn how to ace your marketing interview from beginning to end.
In this 8-hour session we will teach you:
- The ‘Goldilocks’ strategy to answering interview questions
- Methods for creating and organizing your fit stories
- Frameworks for answering even the toughest of marketing case questions
- How to effectively evaluate advertising on the spot
- The right and wrong questions to ask at the end of the interview
- Follow-up strategy to keep your interview top of mind
- How to effectively mock interview with your peers
2-Day Marketing Data Analysis Bootcamp
Why is our market share down? When should we run our next promotion? How deep should that promotion be?
The first responsibility of any marketing professional is “knowing the business cold”. When your director asks you a question about your business, you should know the answer off the top of your head or be able to find the answer quickly.
In this 2-day intensive course you will learn:
- Frameworks for answering marketing analysis questions
- The “tools of the trade” that will help you analyze sales, competition, category trends, and more.
- Advanced Excel methods for marketing
- How to use data to tell stories
1-Day Agency Management Crash Course
Agencies are a trusted partner in the marketing world and your job will be to lead them.
One of the biggest learning curves that a new marketing professional must overcome is managing creative agencies. Whether developing a new TV campaign, running social media ads, or developing new packaging, you must be able to “speak the language” of your creative team.
In this 8-hour training, you will learn:
- The different types of agencies you will work with as a marketer
- How to write an effective creative brief
- How to give constructive feedback to your creative partners
- Nuances of managing the creative timeline
1-Day Storytelling Training for Marketers
Whether you are developing a brand for customers or presenting data to upper management, storytelling is a critical aspect of marketing.
Effective storytelling requires the ability to identify relevant details, excluding irrelevant details, and packaging the details into a compelling presentation.
In this 1-day seminar, you will learn:
- How to develop a hypothesis for your story
- The difference between finding the right data vs mining all the data
- How to write an effective outline for your story
- Which types of stories are best for the situation
- How to harness the “Power” in PowerPoint
- How to deliver the story in a compelling way
2-Day Marketing Job Simulation
Ever wonder what a marketing professional actually does on a day-to-day basis? Now you get a chance to experience it!
Our Marketing Job Simulation is an immersive experience that takes you through the major components of marketing roles including base business, innovation, shopper marketing, and consumer insights. You will leave the training with an understanding of what each role is and how they interact to maximize business growth.
In this 2-day course you will learn:
- The various groups within a marketing department and their responsibilities
- The specific responsibilities and daily tasks for each group
- How to succeed in each role
- The important metrics to evaluate in each role
- Career paths as you progress through each role
- The most important lessons to take from each role
2-Day Product Innovation Boot Camp
Innovation is the lifeblood of any organization, but how is it done in the real world?
Our Product Innovation Boot Camp was designed to give you an immersive experience into the innovation lifecycle. By the end of this interactive course you will understand how to go from insight to idea to final product and be ready to put your skills to use in the real world.
This 2-day course covers:
- The product innovation framework
- The difference between a fact and an insight
- How to generate ideas from insights
- Concept testing to validate your idea
- How to work with your cross-functional team to bring ideas to life
- Developing a go-to-market strategy for your product
- Assessing the success of your product
1-Day Finance Boot Camp for Marketers/Product Managers
Yes – Marketers need to be strong in math too!
In our experience, the area that truly defines a great marketer is the ability to understand the numbers. From budgeting to P&L management, you are the owner of your business so you must understand the inner working of the financials to make the right decisions.
In this Boot Camp, you will learn:
- How to manage your marketing budget effectively
- How to make tradeoffs between projects with limited budget
- The difference between working and non-working
- A line-by-line understanding of a business’s P&L statement and which marketing levers impact the lines
- How to build a P&L that even your finance partner would be happy with
1-Day Tech Product Management Boot Camp
Are you focused on landing a product management role in tech?
If you are looking to break into the hyper-competitive Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft crowd, then this Boot Camp is for you. Learn everything you need to know about breaking into tech from interview to on-the-job success. Taught by current tech product managers, this is a must attend if you are serious about landing a tech role.
In this Boot Camp, you will learn:
- The different types of tech PM roles
- How to fully prepare for tech interviews
- Day-to-Day responsibilities of a Product Manager
- How to write a BRD that gets the point across
- Principles of The Lean Startup and how they still pertain to the biggest tech companies in the world